2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of any downloadable materials on the School’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the School’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or 'mirror' the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Company at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on the School’s website are provided 'as is'. The School makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, the School does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall the School be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the School’s website, even if the School or an authorized of the School has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the School’s website may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The School does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The School may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The School does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The School has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the School of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the School’s website shall be governed by the laws of the School Owner’s home jurisdiction without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
The floral designs that we've created, as well as the explanations, they're all what the lawyers call "proprietary," though since we are teaching you how to make them, they're not confidential. Now, by us teaching you how to make these beautiful arrangements, you receive a license to use these methods and explanations for personal use. What you don't receive is a license to teach others the same methods, and especially not to create online videos teaching others for money. That would be in violation of our intellectual property rights, and frankly it would be very uncool to do. So, if you do create any videos, accessible online, and particularly for money, you agree by clicking below that we can have that video taken down under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and that we would be entitled to 100% of your profits, if any. Further, you agree that we’d be able to file for injunction (basically a judge ordering you to stop) in the court of Fairfax County, Virginia and that you’d pay for our legal fees if I had to take that step.
Along with the proprietary floral stuff, we’ll be talking about some nitty gritty business topics like pricing, staffing, and such. As a condition of taking this course, you also agree not to create an information product, like another course, e-book, or what have you, that you’re selling or giving access to for money, that makes use of the same lessons. It’s okay if you give your friends advice, and if we inspire you to become a business consultant, just let us know so we can feel proud about it…but please don’t create anything that steps into the market area filled by this course, while using information from the course, because we’d have to try to stop it, and that would be costly and inconvenient for everyone.